The Merano/Meran Kurhaus, a prestigious Art Nouveau building, was built based on plans by Josef Czerny and opened in 1874. 102 gas flames festively lit up the Kurhaus, which at that time only consisted of today's west wing; the Merano/Meran Kurhaus already had electric lighting in 1897.
Under the direction of the Viennese architect Friedrich Ohmann, who planned the Kursaal of Merano/Meran and the rotunda, the Kurhaus was converted into the most beautiful Art Nouveau building in the Alpine region between 1913 and 1914. The ceiling frescoes in probably the grandest room, the Kursaal of Merano/Meran, were painted by Rudolf Jettmar, Horazio Gaigher and Alexander Rothaug. The official opening of the Merano/Meran Kurhaus finally took place on New Year's Eve 1914.
It has been renovated time and time again and with its 13 halls is also an extremely elegant event location for festivals, concerts, balls, banquets and various events today - it accommodates up to 10,000 people. Visit this architectural masterpiece, which is located right opposite our ImperialArt Boutique & Design Hotel and enjoy the classy atmosphere in the Kursaal of Merano/Meran.