Our scenic city in the heart of the Alps offers so much for the perfect vacation: almost every kind of sports, shopping for everyone, breathtaking views and panoramas, relax and wellbeing for body and soul. However, there is another aspect for the perfect vacation: it is the culinary. In this blog, we present you our top 6 restaurants and locations in and near Merano for every taste and with a lot of variety.
1. Our typical, traditional southtyrolean cuisine is a mix by alpine and austrian elements combined with the light, Mediterranean Cuisine. The perfect location to the taste history and presence of our cultural heritage is the Restaurant Schlosswirt Forst in Lagundo, very near Merano. In their adorable garden you will spend unforgettable summer evenings and in their cozy Luisl Stube their amazing dishes will warm your heart and body during winter.
2. Are you looking for a special restaurant, for a get-together with friends or even a rendezvous with your loved one? In this occasion, we always suggest Restaurant Deja-Vù in Piazza Prader, near the train station on Merano. They recipe for an unforgettable evening are well searched, tasteful dished with fresh and regional ingredients in perfect harmony with a good glass of wine. A must in Merano!
3. You are in the middle of your Merano-Mountain-Vacation but you feel like you need something…fresh? To alternate to southtyrolean dishes with a lot of meat and potatoes we suggest visiting the new Restaurant Aqua in the heart of Merano. They specialized in fresh dishes, serving you only the best from their main ingredient: fish!
4. To discover also the Mediterranean part of Southtyrol we suggest to dedicate one evening to the Restaurant “al Boia”. Marco, the owner, was born and raised in Sicily. In his restaurant behind the St. Nicolaus Church he knows how to pamper your palate. Especially his fresh and homemade pasta is simply delicious!
5. When in Italy, one thing cannot be missing: traditional Pizza. To taste the best of our town check out Pizzeria 357 and let yourself surprise you by the variety pizza has to offer. Which do you prefer – “Ricorda la Norma” or “La Giovanna”?
6. Finally yet importantly – one evening you need to spend in the Michelin star restaurant Sissi. Chef Fenoglio will leave you with an unforgettable culinary experience, serving well searched dishes from regional quality products, together with a glass of good wine to guarantee a successful evening!
This are our top-6 locations for unique culinary experiences, each and every one is special in their own form, letting Merano become a city, with a huge variety of tastes, cuisines and culinary adventures.
With pleasure we will help you to find the restaurant which is best for you, to guarantee you an amazing stay in southtyrols spa town and an unforgettable ImperialArt Experience!