8 good reasons to travel to Merano in June:
1. The beautiful park of the thermal baths: In June, you will find easily a nice place on the huge field to chill out and relax. Check out the small and adorable turtles in the water lily pond and try the Turkish sauna with aromatic flavors. Best part? ImperialArt Guests get VIP-entrance-bracelets; you do not even need to wait in line!
2. Delicious Ice cream while strolling around the city in the heart of the Alps: What could be more relaxing, than a calm walk on the Promenade near the Passirio River and enjoy delicious ice cream? You absolutely need to try flavors like Sacher, Zuppa Inglese, Nutella or Passionfruit.
3. Garden-Nights of World Music Festival: Famous artists from all over the world come and perform their concerts on a floating stage on the water-lily-pond in the botanical gardens around Castel Trauttmansdorff. In June, we are awaiting the „Grande dame“of French pop ZAZ and hit-song-writer LP.
4. Tuesday-evening in Merano: In the city-center, bars and restaurants are awaiting you with exquisite south Tyrolean dishes and cool drinks, all shops and boutiques are open till late and the best part: live-music, performances and shows everywhere! Don't miss it it!
5. Markets in Merano: On Tuesdays a small market is taking place in Piazza Prader where on Fridays the big weekly market also takes place, on Saturdays you can explore a regional farmers market in Via Galilei and every last Saturday of the month a huge flea market is organized along the famous Winterpromenade. If you love shopping from locals, getting regional products and diving in in the culture of a country, you will love our markets.
6. Adventure: June offers the perfect balance between warm temperatures and a fresh summer breeze. The perfect combination to enjoy an adventurous holiday with your family or your friends. What about hiking with friendly lamas or an excursion in Val Senales to do archery – or even a futuristic Segway-tour through Merano?
7. Petrichor and “same same but different”: Petrichor is the name for that special smell, when the first raindrops fall on dry earth. In addition, what is better than a local art museum until the next sunrays come out? Good to know: ImperialArt Guests have a ticket to the local artmuseum MeranoArte included. The exhibition “same same but different” you can still admire until 8th of July.
8. Alpine Forest bathing: The newest trend to get in complete harmony with your deepest self and your soul: forest bathing. In the local forests, there is a special atmosphere – aromatic smell, bright colors, the freshest air and melodic tunes – you don’t always need a spa to relax.